Besides IM and email, why else would someone use Yahoo?
In fact, isn’t Yahoo’s incompetence the reason we “google” and not “search” anymore?
Need an example? Look no further than their own news. And this has happened to me at least three other times…notice something missing?
Scroll down and read the comments and you get a further idea, in microcosm, of everything that is wrong with the site, the company, the service. Many are hilarious.
Plus, one should note this piece has been posted for days – and has yet to be addressed, fixed, whatever.
Am I surprised? No, Yahoo is a business stuck in the past, like a real time ‘wayback’ machine to the days of dial-up and half-assed websites.
For if Yahoo is to survive, then it must evolve in some genuinely productive fashion.
It’s not good enough to be different or unique anymore, it has to be better.
Is Yahoo better than the alternatives? No, it’s just plain awful.
- GoDaddy, Ugh, Does It Again…
- What’s Wrong With This Picture?
- Shooting Fish with George Washington
- Five Big Domain Questions for 2013
- G.uest Post: Predictions for the New Year!
- Ranking the gTLDs – 2012 Edition
- Facebook, Twitter Marketing Madness
- G.uest Post: Going to TRAFFIC? I Wasn’t Nominated
- What is the Contention Process for gTLD Strings?
- Soundboard.com Dumps Flash, Launches in HTML5