I don’t care who you are or how much money you have: hunting and shooting an elephant will put you on my ‘sh*t’ list quicker than you can pull that trigger. Means you’re no better than the poachers themselves.
But this goes back further, to a time after Candace, when the world came to know the domain industry through Bob’s groin.
For year after year, we were treated to a growing gratuity of flesh. Oh look, two girls in the tub! With bubbles! GoDaddy!
And how about the .co ad, the granny, so unoriginal someone else thought of it as ‘parody’!
For the truth is that Bob Parsons is likely the closest thing we have to a known quantity, a celebrity, someone known outside our circles.
And that’s the sad reality. For instead of a real leader, who could have furthered and expanded domains unlike any other, we got a horny old megalomaniac who thinks it’s fun to ‘hunt’ the biggest, easiest target on the planet. Oh, I could hit an iceberg with the Titanic too. My three year old could.
So one can lament, no? Which is what this is, for instead of Will Smith, we got Mel Gibson.
And so it is with great pleasure that I say, good riddance Bob.
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
- Domain Industry Shout-Outs
- Domain Notes: End of Summer Edition
- GoDaddy, Ugh, Does It Again…
- What’s Wrong With This Picture?
- Shooting Fish with George Washington
- Five Big Domain Questions for 2013
- G.uest Post: Predictions for the New Year!
- Ranking the gTLDs – 2012 Edition
- Facebook, Twitter Marketing Madness
- G.uest Post: Going to TRAFFIC? I Wasn’t Nominated